Refer to materials in this section to access information about your students' loans and counsel them regarding repayment.
- Correspondence Milestones Overview provides you with information about and samples of the correspondence Great Lakes sends to your borrowers at certain milestones.
- Learn How Great Lakes Contacts Students Struggling in Repayment explains how often Great Lakes reaches out to students who are past due on their student loans and how the tone of these communications changes over time.
- Income-Driven Repayment Plan Basic Requirements provides you with a side-by-side comparison of the basic requirements for income-driven repayment plans for easy reference.
- myCompass Overview for Financial Aid Professionals provides general information about myCompass, including an overview of its core functionality. It focuses on the components most important to viewing and understanding customer information. It also provides directions for accessing myCompass from the Financial Aid Professionals portal on the Great Lakes website.
myCompass Tool Guide for Financial Aid Professionals
provides further detail on the components most important to viewing and understanding customer information. It also provides a close-up view of the following four topics:
- Account information
- Direct Consolidation Loan application statuses
- Enrollment information
- Payment information
Use the information in this section to make the most of your resources on the Financial Aid Professionals portal. For resources and support of Portfolio Navigator and Action Center, please see Default Management Support.
- Report Inbox Tool Guide explains your Report Inbox and provides detailed information about accessing it, creating reports, and setting your reporting preferences. Log in to view this document.
- Great Lakes Portal Privacy and Security Policy ensures you understand the policy that governs your use of the portal. Log in to view this document.
- Completing Financial Aid Professionals New User Account Security Profiles explains how you can complete the process of setting up your Great Lakes account on the Financial Aid Professionals portal.
- Access and Send Secure Emails Via Your Email Provider explains how you can access secure emails from Great Lakes and send information securely to Great Lakes.
- Send Secure Information to Great Lakes explains how you can safely send sensitive information to Great Lakes.
- View and Update Website User Information explains how you can view user information and access roles and update your personal information (e.g., your password).
Log in to view this document.
- Annually Review Your Users' Portal Access provides steps for reviewing users' portal access and then renewing or expiring it.
- Annually Review Third-Party Agreements provides steps for reviewing third-party agreements and then renewing or expiring them.
- Loan Servicing Student Flyer (color version) or Loan Servicing Student Flyer (black-and-white version) provides you with a convenient handout that contains basic information about Great Lakes. You can share this with your student borrowers who have loans serviced by Great Lakes.
Get ideas from stories and case studies that show how your colleagues use our solutions and expertise to simplify financial aid and best serve their students.