Refer to these materials to learn how to use student debt letters to help keep your students on the road to repayment success.
- Student Debt Letter Best Practices takes a closer look at debt letters and provides tips on how to use them most effectively.
Use this section for help with building a curriculum and partnering with others to gain support for your student success initiatives.
- Use Mail Merge Functionality to Create Customized Outreach Communications provides steps for using mail merge functionality along with the templates and spreadsheets created in Action Center to create customized communications you can use to reach out to your students.
- Financial Literacy Curriculum is a road map of timely topics, key points to cover, and specific learning activities relevant to various stages of college enrollment.
- Financial Literacy That Sticks empowers you to build a curriculum, promote financial wellness, and engage students in lifelong financial learning.
- Early Engagement Social Media Resources provides quick tips, sample posts, and suggested content to help you use social media channels to encourage your students to connect with their servicer while still in school.
Share materials in this section directly with your students to help them learn about finances, make wise financial decisions, and adopt healthy financial practices for lifelong success.
- Common Student Loan Myths contains information about common student loan myths. You can share this with your student borrowers who have federal student loans.
- Credit Score Flyers reach students where they are, and help them understand credit scores and their impact.
- From FAFSA to Loan - Why Great Lakes is Your Servicer describes how a student loan servicer is assigned. You can share this with your student borrowers who have federal student loans.
- Identity Theft Prevention checklist keeps students moving toward behaviors that reduce vulnerability to identity theft.
- Job Hunting: Social Media Makeover provides a handout to help students clean up their social media accounts to enhance their job prospects.
- Loan Servicing Student Flyer (color version) or Loan Servicing Student Flyer (black-and-white version) contains basic information about Great Lakes. You can share this with your student borrowers who have loans serviced by Great Lakes.
- Statistics that Matter provides data about common financial mistakes by college students and offers students four tips for building a financially fit future.
- Student Loan Options describes the differences between federal and private loans. You can share this with students who are exploring student loan options.
- Student Loans are Unique describes how federal student loans are different than other types of loans. You can share this with your student borrowers who have federal student loans.
- Ten Things to Know & To Do Before You Leave School provides exiting students with a handy checklist to help increase repayment success.
- Top 5 Things to Do to Manage Your Student Loans breaks down the five steps to starting repayment successfully.
Learn how to use data to plan, execute, and evaluate your student success activities.
- Learn About the Service Provider Loan Portfolio Detail Report explains the data that displays on this report and how you can access and use it to analyze your school's portfolio and manage your students' repayment success. You can also download a sample file and header row spreadsheet to help you easily use the data.
- Create or Update Subscriptions for the Service Provider Loan Portfolio Detail Report provides steps for creating or updating subscriptions for this report so that it's automatically available to you.