Revised Electronic Loan Verification Certificate for Use Beginning October 1, 2018.
On October 1, 2018, federal loan servicers processing Direct Consolidation Loans will begin using a revised electronic loan verification certificate (eLVC) file transaction layout. The eLVC layout was revised to include the latest updates to the paper loan verification certificate (paper LVC).
The following updates were made to the eLVC:
eLVC Batch File Header Transaction Layout
- Added a new field for Version Number
- Increased the field length for Originating and Destination System
eLVC Batch File Request Transaction Layout
- Added new fields for Borrower Street Address lines 1 and 2, Borrower State, Borrower Zip, Borrower Telephone, IBR/PAYE/REPAYE Start Date, and Comments (for loan holder use only)
- Added ND and PF as new values for Loan Status Codes field
- Increased field length for Loan Holder ID
- Modified Months of Economic Hardship Deferment to Days of Economic Hardship Deferment
- Removed Health Professional Loans Indicator
eLVC Batch File Trailer Transaction Layout
- Increased field length for Originating and Destination System
Federal consolidation servicers will use and accept the old eLVC through September 30, 2018. Loan holders should be prepared to receive and return the revised eLVC beginning October 1, 2018.
The revised eLVC and the paper LVC can be accessed at the following URLs:
If you have questions about the revised eLVC, contact Great Lakes' Consolidation department by phone at (866) 348-0714 or by email at email@example.com. If you have questions about Direct Loan Consolidation Delivery Options, contact Great Lakes Client Services by phone at (888) 686-6919 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.