Loan Servicing: What We Do for Borrowers
Get Started Today
In addition to what we do for borrowers, we're dedicated to working together to achieve student success.
To learn more about the products and resources available to you through mygreatlakes.org or to set up your secure account, contact Client Services via phone at (888) 686-6919 or via email.
As a federal loan servicer for the U.S. Department of Education, Great Lakes is committed to helping student borrowers succeed in repaying their student loans. Our website tools and highly trained call center representatives offer up the best solutions for each borrower's unique situation.
All the Tools to Manage Accounts Online
Online, student borrowers have 24/7 access to the tools they need to manage their loans. Borrowers can create an account on mygreatlakes.org to:
- Review their student loan details, including servicer information, loan balances, interest amounts, payment options, payment history, and more.
- Make loan payments and set up automatic payments.
- Sign up for electronic correspondence and review secure correspondence in their personal Message Center.
- Access loan statements, including monthly billing statements and annual 1098-E student loan interest information.
- Explore the repayment options available to them, including deferment, forbearance, and eligible repayment plans, so they can choose the one that best fits their situation.
- Review information about managing money and making the best financial decisions for their future.
With our mobile app and mobile website, borrowers can stay informed about student loan accounts and make payments anytime and anywhere they can use their smartphone or other mobile device. They can view a summary of their loans, including status, payment history, and any payments due, and easily make payments across all accounts.
Look to Our Call Center for Answers
We're here when student borrowers need us and we're ready to answer all their questions, allowing you to focus on helping the students who need you most.
Great Lakes provides superior customer service to student borrowers by ensuring we're available when they need us. Our call center reps can be reached during extended business hours—from morning into the evening—via phone or email and they help each borrower find answers to their questions, quickly and accurately.
In addition, our dedicated training team works diligently with both new and experienced team members. Call center reps receive comprehensive classroom training and attend targeted sessions on specific and complex scenarios, including changes in the industry. Our quality assurance team performs frequent evaluations to make sure reps continually meet our high customer service standards.
Borrowers Ask and We Deliver
At Great Lakes, we continue to seek borrower feedback and use their ideas to enhance the resources available to help them successfully manage their loans. Borrower input has played a significant role in the development and improvement of our tools, including online access to monthly statements, enhanced electronic communications, and a simplified secure login process. Encourage your students to share their ideas and make a difference!