Refer to materials in this section to access information about your students' loans and counsel them regarding repayment.
- Correspondence Milestones Overview provides you with information about and samples of the correspondence Great Lakes sends to your borrowers at certain milestones.
- Learn How Great Lakes Contacts Students Struggling in Repayment explains how often Great Lakes reaches out to students who are past due on their student loans and how the tone of these communications changes over time.
- Learn About the Outdated Contact Information Report and Response Tool explains how you can help us better support your students by easily and securely providing us with updated student contact information. Log in to view this document.
- Account Inquiries Tool Guide provides general information about Account Inquiries and how they are read. Log in to view this document.
- Serviced Lender Activity Report and Interest Accrual Dates provides annual dates for Serviced Lender Activity report production and interest accrual for lender-held and U.S. Department of Education-held loans, as well as annual dates when Great Lakes' offices are closed to observe holidays.
- myCompass Overview for Business Partners provides general information about myCompass, including an overview of its core functionality. It focuses on the components most important to viewing and understanding customer information. It also provides directions for accessing myCompass from the Business Partners portal on the Great Lakes website.
myCompass Tool Guide for Business Partners
provides further detail on the components most important to viewing and understanding customer information. It also provides a close-up view of the following four topics:
- Account information
- Direct Consolidation Loan application statuses
- Enrollment information
- Payment information
myCompass Introductory Tour A guide through the features and functionality of myCompass.
Use the information in this section to make the most of your resources on the Business Partners portal.
- Report Inbox Tool Guide explains your Report Inbox and provides detailed information about accessing it, creating reports, and setting your reporting preferences. Log in to view this document.
- Great Lakes Portal Privacy and Security Policy ensures you understand the policy that governs your use of the portal. Log in to view this document.
- Completing Business Partners New User Account Security Profiles explains how you can complete the process of setting up your Great Lakes account on the Business Partners portal.
- Access and Send Secure Emails Via Your Email Provider explains how you can access secure emails from Great Lakes and send information securely to Great Lakes.
- Send Secure Information to Great Lakes explains how you can safely send sensitive information to Great Lakes.
- View and Update Website User Information explains how you can view user information and access roles and update your personal information (e.g., your password). Log in to view this document.
- Annually Review Your Users' Portal Access provides steps for reviewing users' portal access and then renewing or expiring it.